Cost of Course: R2950 (excl VAT)
Duration: 1 Day
Supplier performance has a huge impact on the performance of a company. Supply chains are becoming longer and more complex and it is possible to source inputs from around the world. It is important to carefully select suppliers and have a system of evaluating supplier performance to ensure that they are not the source of major disruptions in the supply of an organisations’ products and services and this workshop is designed to equip delegates with the knowledge to do just that.
The course includes an in-depth review of requirements relating to the supplier quality assurance process, including supplier risk assessments, supplier approval and monitoring programmes.
Progress Excellence Approach
- Dissecting the requirements of international Food Safety Standards to understand the requirements related to supplier quality assurance from a global perspective.
- Explaining the methodology of a supplier and material risk assessment.
- Facilitate the development of a supplier quality assurance programme.
- Practical guidance on how to approve and monitor material and service suppliers.
- Providing a checklist to determine the relevant improvements that can be made to the supplier quality assurance programme.
The course will equip delegates with the following:
- Understand the requirements of supplier quality assurance from various International Standards
- Awareness of the purpose, objectives and benefits of supplier quality assurance
- Ability to perform a supplier risk assessment
- Understand the practical implications and methods of evaluating, approving and monitoring of suppliers.
The course is best suited to the following audiences:
- HACCP food safety team leaders
- Quality/Technical Manager & Procurement Managers
- HACCP food safety team members (Engineers, Microbiologists, Quality Controllers, Production staff, R&D/NPD staff, Logistics personnel, Buyers)
- Staff tasked with the implementation, maintenance and improvement of the supplier quality assurance system