Cost: R2 950 Excl VAT
Duration: 1 day
An effective internal audit system is a fundamental requirement of any quality management system. This workshop covers the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 from an auditing perspective. It further explores the principles of internal auditing – just what you need to conduct internal audits that add value to your organisation.
Practical examples, case studies and other activities develop confidence and a positive attitude when performing internal audits. The course follows a structured approach, simulating the stages of an audit. This workshop does not only focus on the technical aspects such as audit criteria and audit evidence, but also addresses auditor behaviour, traits and personal skills. Adopting skills that maximise the internal audit process and making it a positive exprience for both auditors and auditees.
Progress Excellence Approach
- Explaining internal auditing in terms of the Guidelines for auditing management systems (ISO19011:2018).
- Course material is developed to simulate the audit process with practical examples and activities.
- Stimulating the discovery of how the behaviour of the auditor affects the outcome of the audit process.
- User-friendly tools to prepare for and conduct an audit.
The course will equip delegates with the following:
- Understand audit criteria in internal audits.
- Conduct audits in an organisation based on the requirements of ISO19011.
- Understanding audit principles and the impact thereof on an audit.
- Display appropriate auditor conduct.
- Preparing for internal audits.
- Developing an internal audit programme.
- Preparing audit plans.
- Applying audit methods to obtain audit evidence.
- Reporting non conformances in understandable terms.
- Evaluation of corrective actions for adequacy.
- Handy tools to prepare and conduct a process-based audit.
- Effective reporting on the audit process.
The course is best suited to staff from all departments wishing to perform internal audits.
It is recommended that delegates have knowledge of the ISO 9001 Standard prior to attending this course.
Delegate assessment will be in the form of:
- Full course attendance
- Successful completion of an assessment (pass mark 70%).
- Successful completion of the assignment on a practical audit performed after the workshop