Cost: R2 100 Excl VAT
Duration: 1 day
Based on Codex, this course is designed to equip supervisors with fundamental knowledge of the requirements in order to facilitate change in behaviour in the manufacturing environment. Supervisors become food safety coaches to lead by example and demonstrate best practices to their teams.
The course starts with a brief introduction of pre-requisite programmes (PRPs). It further explores the Codex principles underpinning HACCP in a simplified manner. An effective HACCP system is also supported by various system elements which are also covered in this course.
Progress Excellence Approach
- Practical activities, photographs, exercises and discussions.
- Understanding the value of leading by example.
- Experienced facilitators sharing best practice.
The course will equip delegates with the following:
- Understand the role of the Supervisor in motivating the team to follow food safety rules.
- Dissecting the relevant requirements of Standards such as SANS 10330, BRCGS Food and IFS Food for PRPs and Codex HACCP principles.
- Understand the sources of hazards and contamination and how they can be controlled through effective PRPs.
- An overview of basic microbiology and consequences of poor hygiene.
- Explanation of the importance of record keeping, competent staff, handling of non-conformances, corrective actions, internal audits and effective verification systems.
The course is best suited to the following audiences:
- HACCP team members (Engineers, Microbiologists, Quality Controllers, Production staff, R&D/NPD staff, Logistics personnel, Buyers)
Delegate assessment will be in the form of:
- Full course attendance
- Successful completion of an assessment (pass mark 70%)