Understanding & Implementing HACCP for Supervisors: SANS 10330:2020
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS COURSE IS AN EXCLUSIVELY ON-SITE WORKSHOP (For 6 delegates or more)
Many of the food recalls that occur are due to the fact that GMPs were not well established, violated or not maintained. Food safety management systems should be effective in controlling food safety hazards. This course is targeted at supervisors, as they play a vital role in influencing the effective implementation of GMPs and HACCP.
The Progress Excellence Approach
- SANS 10330 requirements and Codex principles are simplified without compromising the effectiveness of the system.
- A step-by-step approach is utilised for HACCP studies in determining CCPs.
- Dissecting the SANS 10049 standard and translating the requirements into understandable terms.
- An overview of basic microbiology and consequences of poor hygiene.
- Food contamination and its prevention.
- The use of photographs to entrench structural requirements and activities to practice the theory.
- Explaining the importance of systems within the food safety management system (eg corrective actions, non conformances, document and record control, auditing).
Who should attend?
- HACCP team
- Production staff
- R&D or NPD staff
- Quality, production, logistics supervisors
- Engineering staff
Delegates must be working in the food manufacturing environment.
- An assignment is due after completion of this course.
- A pass mark of 70% is required for the assignment and full attendance of the course for a certificate to be issued.
Duration of the course
The course material will equip delegates with the following:
- Understand the role of each person in the implementation and maintenance of effective GMPs.
- Overview of South African legislation.
- Understand the sources of various hazards and how they can be controlled through effective GMPs.
- Understand the GMP requirements from SANS 10049.
- Understand the importance of record keeping, competent staff, handling of non conformances, corrective actions and effective verification systems.
Each delegate receives
A full colour delegate manual