Refresher workshop: Internal auditing of Food Safety Management (based on ISO 19011:2018)
An effective internal audit system is a fundamental requirement of any management system. This workshop has been designed to recap your knowledge as an internal auditor and to equip you to actively participate as an internal auditor in the improvement of the food safety management system in your organization.
Practical examples and activities develop confidence and a positive attitude when performing internal audits.
The Progress Excellence Approach
- Review of the internal auditing in terms of ISO 19011:2018
- Course material is developed to simulate the audit process with practical examples and activities.
- Stimulating the discovery of how the behaviour of the auditor affects the outcome of the internal and supplier audit process.
Who should attend?
- Staff from all departments who perform internal and/or supplier audits.
Delegates must have the following prior knowledge:
- Attendance of a full internal auditor course
- Active participation in internal or supplier audits.
- An assignment is due after completion of this course.
- A pass mark of 70% is required for the assignment and full attendance of the course for a certificate to be issued.
Duration of the course
The course material will equip delegates with the following:
- Review and explain the role and responsibilities of an auditor in the internal and/or supplier auditing programme.
- Review on planning, conducting, reporting and follow-up on internal audits as part of a food safety management system based on ISO22000 or acceptable equivalent, and in accordance with ISO 19011.
- Review the importance of audit criteria
- Conduct audits in an organisation as well as supplier audits based on the requirements of ISO 19011
- Understanding audit principles and the impact thereof on an audit
- Auditor conduct
- Preparing for internal and supplier audits
- Developing an internal and supplier audit programme
- Audit methods
- Reporting non conformances
- Evaluation of corrective actions for adequacy
- Handy tools to prepare and conduct a process-based audit
- Effective reporting on the audit process
Each delegate receives
- A full colour delegate manual