Introduction to FSMS Internal Audit Workshop
An effective internal audit system is a fundamental requirement of any management system. This workshop covers the requirements of food safety management systems as well as the principles of internal auditing – just what you need to conduct audits that add value to your organisation. This is an entry-level workshop, designed for staff who may not yet be ready for the full internal auditor workshop.
Practical examples, case studies and other activities develop confidence and a positive attitude when performing internal audits.
The Progress Excellence Approach
- Explaining internal auditing in terms of ISO 19011:2018 in simple terms
- Course material is developed to simulate the audit process with practical examples and activities.
- Stimulating the discovery of how the behaviour of the auditor affects the outcome of the internal and supplier audit process.
Who should attend?
Staff selected across all departments wishing to perform internal audits at a basic level.
Delegates must have a basic understanding of the concepts of food safety management including prerequisite programmes and HACCP principles. Some experience in the food industry would be an advantage but is not an essential entry requirement.
- An assignment is due after completion of this course.
- A pass mark of 70% is required for the test and full attendance of the course for a certificate to be issued.
Duration of the course
The course material will equip delegates with the following:
- Explain the role and responsibilities of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow-up an internal food safety management system audit, in accordance with ISO 19011.
- Plan, conduct, report and follow-up on internal audit of part of a food safety management system based on ISO22000 or acceptable equivalent, and in accordance with ISO 19011.
- Understand the role of audit criteria in internal audits
- Understand audit principles and the impact thereof on an audit
- Auditor conduct
- Preparing for internal audits
- Preparing audit plans
- Audit methods
- Reporting non conformances
- Evaluation of corrective actions for adequacy
- Effective reporting on the audit process
Each delegate receives
A full colour delegate manual