The adoption of ISO 17025 in a laboratory provides confidence in the operation of laboratories and their ability to provide valid results. It indicates that the laboratory functions according to the requirements of an international Standard. Any laboratory should aim for trustworthy results, as business decisions are made on these results. This course will provide laboratory staff with an overview of the ISO 17025 requirements.
Progress Excellence Approach
- Guidance on the requirements of the Standard and practical ways to meet them.
- Explaining the benefits and operation of an effective laboratory management system.
- Explaining how to effectively implement laboratory management system requirements (e.g. management review, internal audits, corrective actions, non-conformances, document and record control).
The course will equip delegates with the following:
- Understand ISO 17025 requirements.
- Understand the need and benefit of ensuring the competency of analysts, equipment and test methods.
- Understand the necessity and means to apply the requirements to a laboratory and the benefits thereof.
- Understand the role of the individual in the implementation of the requirements.
The course is best suited to the following audiences:
- Laboratory, Technical or Quality Managers who wish to have an overview of the system
- Laboratory Analysts and Laboratory Technicians
- Quality Controllers and Quality Supervisors
- Nominated representatives of the system
- Technical signatories of the system
Delegate assessment will be in the form of:
- Full course attendance
- Successful completion of an assessment (pass mark 70%).