Based on various pre-requisite (PRP) standards and guidelines, this workshop is aimed at equipping delegates with fundamental knowledge of the requirements to facilitate change in behaviours in the manufacturing environment.
This workshop demonstrates how important PRPs are as a foundation in controlling hazards in the food environment. Delegates understand how they contribute to the overall effectiveness of the food safety management system and essentially the production of safe food.
Progress Excellence Approach
- Practical activities, photographs, exercises and discussions
- Experienced facilitators sharing best practice
The course will equip delegates with the following:
- Understand the role of the individual in the implementation and maintenance of effective PRPs
- Dissecting the PRP requirements of Standards such as SANS 10049, BRCGS Food, IFS Food and ISO 22002-1
- Understand the sources of hazards and contamination and how they can be controlled through effective PRPs
- An overview of basic microbiology and consequences of poor hygiene
- Explanation of the importance of record keeping, competent staff, handling of non-conformances, corrective actions, internal audits and effective verification systems
The course is best suited to the following audiences:
- Food safety team members (Engineers, Microbiologists, Quality Controllers, Production staff, R&D/NPD staff, Logistics personnel, Buyers)
- Food handlers
Delegate assessment will be in the form of:
- Full course attendance
- Successful completion of an assessment (pass mark 70%)
What do our delegates say?
“Happy how the training was conducted – the presentation and team work – learned new skills and gained more knowledge.”
Nyikiwe Shikwambani, Peppadew