The adoption of ISO 17025 in a laboratory provides confidence in the operation of laboratories and their ability to provide valid results. It indicates that the laboratory functions according to the requirements of an international Standard. Any laboratory should aim for trustworthy results, as business decisions are made on these results.
ISO 17025 accreditation is one of the highest achievements in a laboratory. This course is designed to enable analytical and microbiological laboratories to implement ISO 17025 in a practical manner.
Progress Excellence Approach
- Dissecting the ISO 17025 standard and translating the requirements into understandable terms.
- Practical guidance for the implementation of the clauses of the ISO 17025 Standard.
- Explaining how to effectively implement laboratory management system requirements (e.g. management review, internal audits, corrective actions, non-conformances, document and record control).
The course will equip delegates with the following:
- In-depth understanding of the ISO 17025 requirements.
- Practical management of the laboratory management system and handling of data and information.
- Implement ISO 17025 and prepare for the accreditation process.
- Improve the effectiveness of the laboratory management system.
- The ability to document all the necessary policies, procedures, records and objectives to enable an effective laboratory management system.
- NOTE: This course does not include statistical method validation in detail, only an overview is provided. A separate, 2-day course is available on Statistical method validation.
The course is best suited to the following audiences:
- Laboratory, Technical or Quality Managers
- Laboratory Analysts and Laboratory Technicians
- Quality Controllers and Quality Supervisors
- Nominated representatives of the system
- Technical signatories of the system
- Management representatives
Delegate assessment will be in the form of:
- Full course attendance
- Successful completion of an assessment (pass mark 70%).
What do our delegates say?
“Very much impressed. Keep it up!”
Gladwin Mfono, Dickon Hall Foods
“I’ve learnt more than I expected. The course will be an improvement to my career.”
Nuphulusi Nefale, Deltamune