The health and safety of every employee should be the number one priority for organisations. Implementing an occupational health and safety management system provides companies with a framework to create safe and healthy workplaces and prevent work-related injuries and ill health.
This course is beneficial for organisations that wish to implement ISO 45001 as an occupational health and safety management system as well as certified organisations looking to improve their existing system.
The course includes an in-depth review of requirements relating to leadership, hazards and risks, risks and opportunities, worker participation and consultation and other health and safety management system requirements.
Progress Excellence Approach
- Practical guidance for implementation of the clauses of the ISO 45001 Standard.
- Guidance on practical hazard and risk assessments.
- A gap analysis tool assists companies to determine the aspects that require attention for conformance to the Standard.
- Practical activities, photographs, exercises and discussions.
The course will equip delegates with the following:
- In-depth understanding of the requirements of ISO 45001.
- Effectively implement an OH&S management system that will lead to successful certification and preventing injury and illness.
- Practical application of the standard in your own environment.
- Improve the effectiveness of the occupational health & safety management system.
- Ideas on how to obtain buy-in from leaders and engage staff in the quest for a safe working environment.
- Create a project plan for implementation or improvement of the health and safety management system.
The course is best suited to the following audiences:
- SHEQ/SHERQ Manager
- Process Owners (Department Managers)
- SHE practitioners
- Safety Officers
Delegate assessment will be in the form of:
- Full course attendance
- Successful completion of an assessment (pass mark 70 %)