ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Implementation Workshop
ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18000:2007 are international standards which specify the requirements for environmental and occupational health and safety management systems. The standards require that organisations control environmental aspects and occupational health and safety hazards. The standards are applicable to organisations who wish to:
- Implement, maintain and improve their environmental and occupational health & safety systems.
- Assure itself of its conformance with its own stated environmental, health and safety policy.
- Demonstrate conformance to the requirements of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Ensure compliance with environmental and occupational health and safety laws & regulations.
- Seek certification of its environmental and health and safety management system by an external third party.
The Progress Excellence Approach
- Dissecting the standard and translating the requirements into understandable terms.
- Clear guidance on environmental aspects and impacts and occupational health and safety hazard and risk determination.
- Practical examples and case studies to entrench theoretical principles.
- Explaining how to effectively implement environmental, occupational health and safety management system requirements (eg Management review, corrective
actions, non conformances, document and record control).
- Practical advice supported by practical resource kits that explain best practice techniques to develop, document and implement environmental, occupational health and safety management system in any organisation.
Who should attend?
- SHEQ Managers/Officers or Environmental Managers
- Middle management with a responsibility to environmental and occupational health and safety management
An understanding of environmental and occupational health and safety management would be an advantage but is not an essential entry requirement.
- An assignment is due after completion of this course.
- A pass mark of 70% is required for the assignment and full attendance of the course for a certificate to be issued.
Duration of the course
The course material will equip delegates with the following:
- Understand the need for, use of and benefits of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Understand the need and be able to do pre-implementation planning.
- Be able to write procedures as required by ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Understand ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 and effectively address each requirement of the standard.
- Practical application of the standard in your own environment.
- Implement ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 and prepare for the certification process.
- Improve the effectiveness of the environmental and occupational health and safety management system.
Each delegate receives
- A full colour delegate manual
- Implementation plan template