OHSAS 18001 Implementation Workshop
OHSAS 18001:2007 is an international standard which specifies the requirements for an occupational health and safety management system. The standard requires that organisations control occupational health and safety hazards. The standard is applicable to organisations who wish to:
- Implement, maintain and improve their occupational health & safety system.
- Assure itself of its conformance with its own stated health and safety policy.
- Demonstrate conformance to the requirements of OHSAS 18001.
- Ensure compliance with occupational health and safety laws & regulations.
- Seek certification of its health and safety management system by an external third party.
The Progress Excellence Approach
- Dissecting the standard and translating the requirements into understandable terms.
- Clear guidance on occupational health and safety hazard and risk determination.
- Practical examples and case studies to entrench theoretical principles.
- Explaining how to effectively implement occupational health and safety management system requirements (eg management review, corrective actions, non
conformances, document and record control).
- Practical advice supported by practical resource kits that explain best practice techniques to develop, document and implement an occupational health and safety management system in any organisation.
Who should attend?
- SHEQ Managers/Officers or Environmental Managers
- Middle management with a responsibility to occupational health and safety management
An understanding of occupational health and safety management would be an advantage but is not an essential entry requirement.
- An assignment is due after completion of this course.
- A pass mark of 70% is required for the assignment and full attendance of the course for a certificate to be issued.
Duration of the course
The course material will equip delegates with the following:
- Understand the need for, use of and benefits of OSHAS 18001.
- Understand the need and be able to do pre-implementation planning.
- Be able to write procedures as required by OHSAS 18001.
- Understand OSHAS 18001 and effectively address each requirement of the standard.
- Practical application of the standard in your own environment.
- Implement OSHAS 18001 and prepare for the certification process.
- Improve the effectiveness of the occupational health and safety management system.
Each delegate receives
- A full colour delegate manual
- Implementation plan template