ISO 14001 Implementation Workshop
ISO 14001:2004 is an international standard that specifies the requirements for an environmental management system. The standard requires that organisations control environmental aspects. The standard is applicable to organisations who wish to:
- Implement, maintain and improve an environmental management system.
- Assure itself of its conformance with its own stated environmental policy.
- Demonstrate conformance to the requirements of ISO 14001.
- Ensure compliance with environmental laws & regulations.
- Seek certification of its environmental management system by an external third party.
The Progress Excellence Approach
- Dissecting the standard and translating the requirements into understandable terms.
- Clear guidance on environmental aspects and impact determination.
- Practical examples and case studies to entrench theoretical principles.
- Explaining how to effectively implement environmental management system requirements (e.g. management review, corrective actions, non conformances,
document and record control).
- Practical advice supported by practical resource kits that explain best practice techniques to develop, document and implement an environmental management system in any organisation.
Who should attend?
- SHEQ Managers/Officers or Environmental Managers
- Middle management with a responsibility to environmental management
An understanding of environmental management would be an advantage but is not an essential entry requirement.
- An assignment is due after completion of this course.
- A pass mark of 70% is required for the assignment and full attendance of the course for a certificate to be issued.
Duration of the course
The course material will equip delegates with the following:
- Understand the need for, use of and benefits of ISO 14001.
- Understand the need and be able to do pre-implementation planning.
- Be able to conduct the initial environmental review, including management planning and document the outcomes.
- Be able to write procedures as required by ISO 14001.
- Understand ISO 14001 and effectively address each requirement of the standard.
- Practical application of the standard in your own environment.
- Implement ISO 14001 and prepare for the certification process.
- Improve the effectiveness of the environmental management system.
Each delegate receives
- A full colour delegate manual
- Implementation plan template