An effective internal audit system is a fundamental requirement of any management system. This workshop covers the requirements of food safety management systems as well as the principles of internal auditing – just what you need to conduct audits that add value to your organisation. This is an entry-level workshop, designed for staff who are starting to perform internal audits.
Practical examples, case studies and other activities develop confidence and a positive attitude when performing internal audits. Adopting skills that maximise the internal audit process and making it a positive experience for both auditors and auditees.
Progress Excellence Approach
- Explaining internal auditing in terms of the Guidelines for auditing management systems (ISO 19011:2018) in simple terms.
- Course material is developed to simulate the audit process with practical examples and activities.
- Stimulating the discovery of how the behaviour of the auditor affects the outcome of the internal and supplier audit process.
- User-friendly tools to prepare for and conduct an audit.
The course will equip delegates with the following:
- Explain the role and responsibilities of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow-up an internal food safety management system audit, in accordance with ISO 19011.
- Plan, conduct, report and follow-up on internal audit of part of a food safety management system based on FSSC/ISO 22000, BRCGS Food, IFS Food or HACCP and in accordance with ISO 19011.
- Understand the role of audit criteria in internal audits.
- Understand audit principles and the impact thereof on an audit.
- Understanding the importance and impact of auditor conduct.
- Preparing for internal audits.
- Preparing audit plans.
- Applying audit methods to obtain audit evidence.
- Reporting non conformances in understandable terms.
- Evaluation of corrective actions for adequacy.
- Effective reporting on the audit process.
The course is best suited for staff who are starting to perform internal audits.
Delegate assessment will be in the form of:
- Full course attendance
- Successful completion of an assessment (pass mark 70 %).
What do our delegates say?
Carmen Sacco, Pioneer Foods
“Very well prepared and good presenter. Very easy to understand.”
Falatji Mabuya, PepsiCo