Food Professional Finishing School
Scientists are taught science – but often lack the know-how for making a success in the food industry. First impressions last – and because of the functions food technologists and biotechnologists are often employed for, they assume a policing function, which contributes to a poor food safety culture. When a wrong impression is created as a first impression, hardly anything will change it. Industry needs individuals who can make a difference in food businesses, who understand the soft-skills and other competencies required to bring home the message in their organisations that food safety is everybody’s responsibility.
This workshop was written with this in mind – to highlight the pitfalls upfront, before embarking as a professional on a career in the food industry. It will provide insights into the world of a food safety professional who can really make a difference.
The Progress Excellence Approach
- An outline of the positions for Food Professionals in industry and their role and interaction with colleagues
- Practical tips on how to gain respect in the workplace and highlighting the pitfalls that should be avoided
- Discovery of the world of national and international Quality, Food and other Standards
- Stimulating the discovery of skills apart from the science learnt, that would enhance your career as a Food Professional
Who should attend?
Food professionals who gained their qualification, but have not worked in industry yet. These include:
- Food technologists
- Food scientists
- Analytical chemists
Delegates must have completed their qualification and are ready to embark on their first job. No industry experience is required.
Duration of the course
The course material will equip delegates with the following:
- Understand the different roles of Food professionals in the food industry
- Understand the interaction with colleagues in the food industry
- Identify different Standards, how they are chosen and how the Certification process works
- Identify particular interests in the food industry and possible career paths
- Identify skills required for a successful career in the food industry.
Each delegate receives
- A full colour delegate manual