Internal auditing of food safety management systems and supplier auditing (based on ISO 19011 and BRCGS and/or ISO/FSSC 22000) Online Course
An effective internal audit system is a fundamental requirement of any management system. This online course covers the requirements of food safety and quality management systems as well as the principles of internal and supplier auditing – just what you need to conduct audits that add value to your organisation. Practical examples and activities develop confidence and a positive attitude when performing internal audits. During an on-site presentation of this workshop, a practical on-site audit is included, which is supervised by a qualified auditor to ensure that the practical aspects of internal auditing are understood. A feedback session is facilitated after the practical audit to ensure buy-in from top management.
The Progress Excellence Approach
- Explaining internal auditing in terms of ISO 19011:2018
- Course material is developed to simulate the audit process with practical examples and activities.
Who should take this course?
Staff selected across all departments wishing to perform internal or supplier audits.
Delegates must have a basic understanding of food safety and quality management systems and should be working in the food manufacturing environment. An understanding of HACCP, food safety and quality management principles would be an advantage but is not an essential entry requirement.
- A pass mark of 70% is required for the exam at the end of the theoretical section of the course for a certificate to be issued.
- Delegates are required to perform a practical audit after the theoretical component of this course has been completed. This will be evaluated against set criteria and these must be fulfilled for a certificate to be issued.
- You have two attempts to pass the theoretical component of this course. After a second unsuccessful attempt, you will be required to re-register, pay and repeat the course. By enrolling for this course you automatically accept this term and condition.
Duration of the course
|This component will require a total of 9 hours: Module 1: 1.5 hours Module 2: 1.5 hours Module 3: 1.5 hours Module 4: 1.5 hours Module 5: 1 hour Exam: 2 hours You have 2 months to complete this component.||This component will require a minimum of 4 hours, depending on the topic audited. As a guideline: Preparation: 1 hour Audit: 2 hours Report writing/completion of the template: 1 hour You have 1 month after completion of the theory component to complete the practical part of this course.|
The course material will equip delegates with the following:
- With reference to the PDCA cycle, explain the food safety management system model for ISO 22000, and the role of internal audits in the maintenance and improvement of food safety management systems.
- Explain the role and responsibilities of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow-up an internal food safety management system audit, in accordance with ISO 19011.
- Plan, conduct, report and follow-up on internal audit of part of a food safety management system based on ISO22000 or acceptable equivalent, and in accordance with ISO 19011.
- Understand audit criteria
- Conduct audits in an organisation as well as supplier audits based on the requirements of ISO 19011
- Understanding audit principles and the impact thereof on an audit
- Auditor conduct
- Preparing for internal and supplier audits
- Developing an internal and supplier audit programme
- Preparing audit plans
- Audit methods
- Reporting non conformances
- Evaluation of corrective actions for adequacy
- Handy tools to prepare and conduct a process-based audit
- Effective reporting on the audit process
Course enrollment fee
A once-off payment ZAR 5980.00 including VAT paid via MasterCard/Visa/Instant EFT (via PayFast) or manual EFT payment option on course enrollment. The course will only be actived once payment has been confirmed.
How do I enroll for this course?
You click on “TAKE THIS COURSE” button below and it will take you through the check-out process. You will have the option to pay via MasterCard/Visa/Instant EFT (via PayFast) or manual EFT payment. You will be issued with a valid Tax Invoice. Once your payment has been confirmed, your course will be activated (immediate access if payment is made via PayFast). Please note manual EFT payments could take up to 72 hours to clear and your course to be activated.