Basic Food Safety Online Course
Food safety is built on a sturdy foundation of PRPs and staff employed in the food manufacturing environment need to have a thorough understanding of these fundamental principles. These are our “front-line workers”, and they determine the overall effectiveness of our food safety management system.
Progress Excellence Approach
- This on-line course can be completed by the individual in one session, or in shorter sessions
- Use of photographs and videos to ensure clear understanding
- Quizzes to test understanding
- Course content addresses the requirements for basic food safety of the GFSI-benchmarked Standards, (FSSC 22000 Version 6, BRCGS Food and IFS Food)
- This course is designed to change behaviours and contribute to improving the food safety culture
- An Administrator can track delegate progress
The course will equip delegates with the following:
- Basic understanding of systems and Standards and their purpose in the food industry
- Basic food microbiology
- Cleaning and sanitation
- Personnel hygiene
- Pest prevention and controls
- Food defence and food fraud
- Food safety hazards and their control and HACCP
- The role of procedures, record keeping and traceability in food safety management systems.
- Foreign matter control
- Food safety culture
The course is best suited for staff throughout the organisation from various departments:
- Food handlers
- Everyone employed in the food production environment (including cleaners, maintenance staff and temporary workers).
Delegate assessment will be in the form of:
- An assessment is performed after completion of each module. A pass mark of 70 % is required for each module.
- You have two attempts to pass the assessment after each module. After a second unsuccessful attempt, you will be required to re-register, pay and repeat the course. By enrolling for this course, you automatically accept these terms and conditions.
A once-off payment ZAR 399.00 including VAT paid via MasterCard/Visa/Instant EFT (via PayFast) or manual EFT payment option on course enrolment. The course will only be activated once payment has been confirmed. Special rates apply for bulk registrations – contact email@example.com for a customised offer.
Click on the “TAKE THIS COURSE” button below to go through the check-out process. You will receive a valid Tax invoice after payment. Once payment has been confirmed, the course will be activated – immediate access is granted if payment is made via PayFast. Please note that manual EFT payments could take up to 72 hours to clear before your course will be activated.
Activate your course immediately when you pay by credit card. (EFT course payments will only be activated on weekday; Monday to Thursday from 08h00 to 16h30).
What do our delegates say?
“The sequence and the presentations. Wow. For a beginner like me, it was easy to follow and understand.”
“The way they demonstrate things with pictures and videos to give me a clear understanding was excellent.”
“The videos were interesting. I would recommend to anyone who is interested in basic food safety.”