Control of micro-organisms in the food manufacturing environment workshop
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS COURSE IS AN EXCLUSIVELY ON-SITE WORKSHOP (For 6 delegates or more)
Micro organisms play an enormous role in the food industry, both for manufacturers and consumers of products. It is required that food manufacturers control micro organisms in order to prevent spoilage of products, and specifically pathogens to prevent illness.
This workshop will provide delegates with a basic background of microbiology in order to understand how to effectively control micro organisms within a food environment. It is specifically designed to impart this knowledge to delegates without a microbiology background.
The Progress Excellence Approach
- Basic microbiology concepts and terminologies are explained in an understandable manner.
- Use of case studies to illustrate spoilage, disease and their controls.
- Use of interactive examples and activities to illustrate food safety concepts related to microbiological hazards.
Who should attend?
- Laboratory staff (without microbiology background)
- Production managers and supervisors
- Engineering staff
Delegates should be working in the food manufacturing environment. A microbiological qualification is not required.
- An assignment is due after completion of this course.
- A pass mark of 70% is required for the assignment and full attendance of the course for a certificate to be issued.
Duration of the course
The workshop and material have been designed to equip delegates with the following:
- An understanding of the types of micro organisms.
- An understanding of the growth requirements and methods of reproduction of micro organisms.
- A practical application of the control measures that are used in controlling the growth and reproduction of micro organisms.
- An understanding of typical organisms involved in food spoilage and foodborne diseases.
- An understanding of detection of micro organisms as well as the interpretation of microbiological results and decisions that are made based on these results.
Each delegate receives
- A full colour delegate manual
- Practical activities and examples