BRCGS issue 8 for Supervisors and Line Managers
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS COURSE IS AN EXCLUSIVELY ON-SITE WORKSHOP (For 6 delegates or more)
BRCGS issue 8 is an international standard that specifies the requirements for a quality and food safety management system. Certification to this standard will afford organisations in the food chain an opportunity to demonstrate their ability to control food safety hazards and to ensure that safe product is provided to customers according to their specific quality requirements.
The success of a food safety and quality management system often depends on Supervisors and Line Managers. They have to ensure that the requirements of the Standard are consistently applied. For them to do this effectively, they require an understanding of the reasons behind the rules and to obtain a bigger picture of the meaning of the requirements.
The Progress Excellence Approach
- Dissecting the BRCGS standard and translating the requirements into understandable terms.
- Clear guidance on effective supervision to ensure buy-in and consistent application.
- Explaining how to effectively use the systems required by the Standard to the benefit of the company in ensuring production of safe, legal product according to customer requirements.
Who should attend?
- Food safety team members
- Line Managers and/or supervisors of all functions, e.g. Engineering, Logistics, Production, Quality.
Delegates must have a basic understanding of food safety and quality and should be working in the food manufacturing environment.
- An assignment is due after completion of this course.
- A pass mark of 70% is required for the assignment and full attendance of the course for a certificate to be issued.
Duration of the course
The course material will equip delegates with the following:
- Understanding BRCGS Food and effectively addressing each requirement of the standard.
- Practical application of the standard in your own environment.
- Implement BRCGS and prepare for the certification process.
- Improve the effectiveness of the food safety and quality management system.
Each delegate receives
A full colour delegate manual