The impact of the human race on the environment is visible all around us. Through the implementation of an environmental management system (EMS), companies can minimise their impact on the environment and launch strategies for the prevention of pollution. This course is beneficial for organisations who wish to implement an environmental managements system based on the requirements of ISO 14001. The workshop will also assist certified organisations to improve the effectiveness of their current system.
ISO 14001 provides a framework for protection of the environment and to respond to changing environmental conditions in balance with socio-economic needs. It also provides a basis for organisations to achieve their environmental objectives and outcomes and to contribute to sustainable development.
Progress Excellence Approach
- Practical guidance for implementation of the clauses of the ISO 14001 Standard.
- Guidance on practical aspects and impact assessments.
- A gap analysis tool assist companies to determine the aspects that require attention for conformance to the Standard.
- Practical activities, photographs, exercises and discussions.
The course will equip delegates with the following:
- In-depth understanding of the requirements of ISO 14001.
- Effectively implement an environmental management system that will lead to successful certification, prevention of pollution and contribution to sustainable development.
- Practical application of the standard in your own environment.
- Improve the effectiveness of the environmental management system.
- Ideas on how to obtain buy-in from leaders.
- Create a project plan for implementation or improvement of the environmental management system.
The course is best suited to the following audiences:
- SHEQ/SHERQ Manager
- Process Owners (Department Managers)
- SHE practitioners
- Safety Officers
Delegate assessment will be in the form of:
- Full course attendance
- Successful completion of an assessment (pass mark 70 %)