Based on ISO/FSSC 22000, this course is designed to equip Managers and Supervisors with fundamental knowledge of the requirements in order to facilitate change in behaviour in the manufacturing environment. Managers and Supervisors become food safety coaches to lead by example and demonstrate best practices to their teams. For them to do this effectively, they require an understanding of the reasons behind the rules to obtain a bigger picture of the meaning of the requirements.
This course starts with a brief introduction of pre-requisite programmes (PRPs). It further explores the Codex principles underpinning HACCP in a simplified manner. An effective food safety and quality management system is also supported by various system elements which are also covered in this course.
Progress Excellence Approach
- Dissecting the FSSC/ISO 22000 and translating the requirements into understandable terms.
- Clear guidance on effective management and supervision to ensure buy-in and consistent application and the value of leading by example.
- Explaining how to effectively use the systems required by the Standard to the benefit of the company in ensuring production of safe products according to customer requirements.
The course will equip delegates with the following:
- Understand the role of the Manager and Supervisor in motivating the team to follow food safety rules.
- Dissecting the requirements of the FSSC 22000 for PRPs, Codex HACCP principles and system elements.
- Practical application of the Standard in your own environment.
- Understand the sources of hazards and contamination and how they can be controlled through effective PRPs.
- Explanation of the importance of record keeping, competent staff, handling of non-conformances, corrective actions, internal audits and effective verification systems.
The course is best suited to the following audiences:
- Food safety team members (Engineers, Microbiologists, Quality Controllers, Production staff, R&D/NPD staff, Logistics Personnel, Buyers)
- Line Managers
Delegate assessment will be in the form of:
- Full course attendance
- Successful completion of an assessment (pass mark 70%).
What do our delegates say?
“Very good course. Facilitator is well-informed about the standard.”
Luyolo Maliti, Nestle
“Covered all aspects, answered all the questions I had. Excellent Facilitator! “
Debbie Lewis, Nestle