An effective internal audit system is a fundamental requirement of any management system. This workshop provides a refresher on the requirements of food safety management systems as well as the principles of internal and supplier auditing. This workshop is ideal for delegates who want to sharpen their auditor skills and adopt a fresh approach to auditing.
Practical examples, case studies and other activities serves as a reminder on the requirements for an effective internal audit and a positive attitude when performing internal audits. Refreshing skills that maximise the internal audit process will make it a positive experience for both auditors and auditees.
Progress Excellence Approach
- Revising internal auditing in terms of the Guidelines for auditing management systems (ISO 19011:2018).
- Stimulating the discovery of how the behaviour of the auditor affects the outcome of the internal and supplier audit process.
- Reviewing user-friendly tools to prepare for, conduct and report on an audit.
The course will equip delegates with the following:
- Review audit criteria and the role in internal audits.
- Review audit methods based on the requirements of ISO 19011.
- Reflect on audit principles and the impact thereof on an audit.
- Reflect on auditor conduct and the impact thereof on the audit.
- Refresh methods for preparing for internal audits and preparation of audit plans.
- Review methods of effective reporting of non-conformances.
- Evaluation of corrective actions for adequacy.
The course is best suited for staff who want to refresh their memories on performing internal audits.
It is recommended that delegates have already attended an internal audit course.
Delegate assessment will be in the form of:
- Full course attendance
- Successful completion of an assessment (pass mark 70%).