An effective internal audit system is a fundamental requirement of any management system. This workshop covers the requirements of laboratory management systems as well as the principles of internal auditing – just what you need to conduct audits that add value to your laboratory.
Practical examples, case studies and other activities develop confidence and a positive attitude when performing internal audits. The course follows a structured approach, simulating the stages of an audit. This workshop does not only focus on technical aspects such as audit criteria and audit evidence, but also addresses auditor behaviour, traits and personal skills. Adopting skills that maximise the internal audit process and making it a positive experience for both auditors and auditees.
Progress Excellence Approach
- Explaining internal auditing in terms of the Guidelines for auditing management systems (ISO 19011: 2018).
- Course material is developed to simulate the audit process with practical examples and activities.
- Stimulating the discovery of how the behaviour of the auditor affects the outcome of the audit process.
- User-friendly tools to prepare for and conduct an audit.
The course will equip delegates with the following:
- Understand the role of audit criteria in internal audits.
- Conduct audits in the laboratory based on the requirements of ISO 19011.
- Understanding audit principles and the impact thereof on an audit.
- Display appropriate auditor conduct.
- Preparing for internal audits.
- Developing an internal audit programme.
- Preparing audit plans.
- Applying audit methods to obtain audit evidence.
- Reporting non conformances in understandable terms.
- Evaluation of corrective actions for adequacy.
- Handy tools to prepare and conduct a process-based audit.
- Effective reporting on the audit process.
The course is best suited for laboratory staff wishing to perform internal audits.
It is recommended that delegates attending this course has already attended an ISO 17025 implementation workshop.
Delegate assessment will be in the form of:
- Full course attendance
- Successful completion of an assessment (pass mark 70%).
- Successful completion of the assignment on a practical audit performed after the workshop.