IFS Food version 7 implementation workshop
Companies supplying products to the European Union are required to achieve IFS Food certification. This course provides an in-depth discovery of the requirements of the IFS standard. Practical guidance for implementation of the 6 clauses of the IFS standard is provided. IFS is a GFSI-benchmarked standard.
The Progress Excellence Approach
- The IFS gap analysis tool assists companies to determine the aspects that require attention for conformance to the IFS standard.
- Photographs are used to visualise problem areas and stimulate discussions on possible solutions.
- Activities entrench principles in fun, practical and interactive ways.
Who should attend?
- Staff tasked with the implementation and maintenance of the IFS food safety & quality management system in the organisation
- Food safety team leaders
- Quality and/or Technical Managers
- Food safety team members, e.g. engineering, Quality/Technical managers, production staff, R&D or NPD staff, procurement
Delegates must have a basic understanding of food safety and quality management and should be working in the food manufacturing environment. An understanding of HACCP and other food safety principles would be an advantage, but is not an essential entry requirement.
- An assignment is due after completion of this course.
- A pass mark of 70% is required for the test and full attendance of the course for a certificate to be issued.
Duration of the course
The course material will equip delegates with the following:
- Interpret and understand the requirements of the IFS standard.
- Understand the certification process.
- Determine aspects that must be addressed to practically implement and improve the quality and food safety management system according to IFS requirements.
Each delegate receives
- A full colour delegate manual
- Implementation plan template
- Gap assessment tool