FSSC 22000 version 5 provides a comprehensive approach to food safety management and is aimed at those organisations involved in the manufacturing step of the food chain. It combines the ISO 22000:2018 food safety management standard with the technical standards, such as ISO/TS22002-1 that will be covered during this course as well as FSSC22000 additional requirements. FSSC 22000 is a GFSI-benchmarked standard.
Progress Excellence Approach
- Dissecting the ISO 22000 standard and translating the requirements into understandable terms.
- Clear guidance on PRP, OPRP and CCP determination.
Facilitate the development of a pre-requisite programme (PRP).
- The use of photographs and other activities to practically illustrate ISO/TS22002-1 requirements.
- Clarifying the terms monitoring, verification and validation.
- Explaining how to effectively implement food safety management system requirements (e.g. management review, corrective actions, non conformances, document and record control).
The course will equip delegates with the following:
- Understanding FSSC 22000 and effectively addressing each requirement of the standard.
- Practical application of the standard in your own environment.
- Implement FSSC 22000 and prepare for the certification process.
- Improve the effectiveness of the food safety management system.
- Understand ISO/TS22002-1 requirements and its relation to the food safety management system.
- Understand the necessity of PRPs as building blocks in the food safety management system.
- Understand how to practically implement FSSC additional requirements.
The course is best suited to the following audiences:
- Food safety team leaders
- Food safety team members
- Quality & Production Managers
- Quality & Production Supervisors
- Engineering staff
The course will be assessed in the following way:
- An assignment is due after completion of this course.
- A pass mark of 70% is required for the assignment and full attendance of the course for a certificate to be issued.
What do our delegates say?
“This course will give food safety team leads a very good idea of the comprehensive approach to food safety management. The course offers practical tips that you can implement immediately in your environment.”
Amanda Nel, Wonderboom Apple Farm